To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversations in the context of meeting new peoples
To provide practice of question words in the context of meeting new peoples
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- Ss are shown a picture of Burak Özçivit, and T asks some questions about him, such as what is his name? what is his job? how old is he? where does he live? - Ss are asked to think about a famous person they love, and whether they like to meet them or not? - Ss are asked to imagin that they meet their favourit famous person, and think what would they ask them?
- Ss are shown some question worlds and verbs, and asked if they know what are they, - Ss are asked to use shown question words to ask their favourit popular person some question. - Ss are given some examples, and asked to write down their question, they also have to write 4 questions. - T monitoring and giving Ss feedback if necessary. - Ss are asked to work on a qroup and compare their questions, and find some common questions, - Ss are asked to write their common question on the board and the group which has more common question is winner, - they are also asked to check each other questions if they are correct or not,
- Ss are divided into another group, and are asked to think about meeting an online friend for the first time, what would they ask their friend? - Ss are asked to write down 6 questions, they can also use the book to get some idea. - each member of a group are asked to work with a member of another group by giving them an alphabet name, they have to aks the question they have just written in their group. - T monitoring. and involve to their activities to keep the conversation going.
- Ss are asked to work in pairs by giving them the some symboles, Ss with the same simbols should work with each other/ - they are asked to imagine that they are going to get married and one of them is man and the other is woman, they have to ask each other some question to know each other more. - T monitors Ss
- T notes some errors, and writes them on the board and asks Ss to correct the mistakes