Listening and speaking task
To provide Ss to listen and understand the keynotes from the video and complete different activities with Q & A.
To provide activities to practise speaking
Procedure (38-47 minutes)
* Write 2 questions on the WB: 1. Who are these people? 2. Where can you find them? * Model and drill the questions. * Play the ppt. slides with pictures and ask Ss to identify people and answer the WB questions. Elicit answers from them. * Ask Ss to work in pairs to model a sentence with the people in the pictures and present it to the class. * Feedback-language with error correction *
* Distribute the HO among the Ss. * Tell them to check the instruction in Ex-1. * Tell Ss that they are going to watch a video and try to number the people in the order they first hear them speak. * Ss watch and listen to the video in a group. Play the video twice if necessary. Elicit answers from them.
* Ask Ss to read the question in Ex: 2. * Divide Ss in two groups e.g A and B. * Tell them to watch and listen to the video again to get the specific information and choose the correct answer. Distribute the question number to each group. [A- Q.1,3, 5] [B- Q. 2, 4, 5} * Ss check each other group answer. Elicit the answers as a class. * Play the video twice if necessary.
* Make a quick drill of the questions in Ex: 3a. * Ask Ss to work individually and look at the Ex: 3a again and find out who asks each question in the video. * Play the video again. Monitor Ss in the class. * Tell Ss to work in pairs and check their answers. * Get FB from the Ss
* Change the position of the individual Ss. Form different pairs. Tell them to work in pairs again to ask and answer question 1 to 6 from ex: 3a. * Ss are given 5 minutes to complete. Monitor their activity and help Ss if necessary. * Feedback (content) - Ss tell class what they found out from their partner. * Feedback (language) - via error correction and finalize class