TP Lesson Plan
To improve their speaking and listening skills.
• To give ss the opportunity to practice their listening skills and check their understanding of a conversation they listen to.
• To give ss the opportunity to practice their speaking skills in extended interaction.
Procedure (35-47 minutes)
1. Ss are asked to take out their phones and say the applications there are on their phones. 2. Focus ss on some questions: a. Which applications do you use? b. Who has Spotify on their phone? c. Do you know what’s it for? Do you use it? d. Do you like listening to music? e. Do you ever sing at home? f. When you are happy do you feel like singing? g. Who is your favorite singer? h. What types of music are there? 3. Drill the questions. 4. Elicit answers from ss. 5. In pairs ss ask and answer the questions. 6. Monitor to ensure ss are on task. 7. Feedback - content – ss tell what they found out from their partner.
1. Give HO (English File, Ex.b, page 55, 2012) to Ss. 2. Each student reads a statement. 3. Elicit each statement. 4. Ss do the exercise in pairs. 5. Ss listen to the track. 6. Feedback. Drill the answers. 7. Ss check their answers from the board.
1. Ss are given one minute to read the questions. 2. Ss listen to the track in the ss book (English File, Exercise D, page 55, 2012). 3. Ss choose the right answer. 4. In pairs ss check their answers and compare with each other. 5. Feedback. 6. Ss check their answers from the board.
1. Introduce the task with chant (we will rock you). 2. Focus ss on some questions a. Whose song is this? b. Have you ever heard of the group Queen? c. Do you know any of their songs? d. Have you seen the film Bohemian Rhapsody? 3. Give ss HO (English File, page 274, 2012). 4. Ss match new vocabulary with pictures. 5. In pairs they compare their answers. 6. Ss are given one minute to read through the task before listening. 7. Ss listen to the task and fill in the gaps. 8. Ss check answers in pairs. 9. Answers are given.
1. Ss find and underline target words and vocabulary. 2. Ss elicit the meanings. 3. Feedback.