LP TP8 kholoud
By the end of the lesson ss will have practiced speaking about wedding traditions in a context of listening to a radio programme about it.
listening to a radio program about wedding traditions
Procedure (38-51 minutes)
- On the board, T writes the word "wedding" and asks SS (what's the first thing coming to your mind when you see this word?) then, takes some ideas and try to elicit the word "wedding traditions" - T gives instructions; here you will have some pictures about wedding traditions, try to discuss it with your partner and tell him which of these do we have here in Egypt and which do we don't? - After that, T tries to elicit some ideas from the SS
- T gives SS some cards and some words and asks SS match it on the board. - T asks CCQs to check the meaning then drills the new vocabulary. - T asks SS try to write the form and word stress of these words and correct it on the board - T tells Ss that they will listen to a radio program about wedding traditions and hands out some pictures. - T gives instructions; please listen and put photos A-F in the order people talk about them. - T demos first, then they will answer. - After that T asks them to check their answers together. - Teacher gives SS the answer key.
- page 83 Ex (10 a), in this activity T gives the Ss a table with some points in it and asks them to make some notes on these points. - T demos first then they take notes. they have 5 minutes for this task. - T try to elicit some ideas from the student and clarify for them the words ( weeding hall - reception - ceremony)
- T asks SS to think of a wedding they have been to and try to describe the wedding, and for whom that didn't attend wedding they can imagine their perfect wedding. - T clarifies that they can use the notes of the previous task and gives them 2 minutes to think about it. - in pairs, T asks student to discuss their wedding. - in groups, T asks them to share more ideas.
- T monitors the SS while the previous activity and collect their mistakes. - T writes the mistakes in the board. - After the SS finish, T takes feed back about the most interesting wedding. - on the board, T lets the Ss correct their mistakes and T gives them the feedback.