Lesson plan 4
To provide fluency speaking practice in a Conversations in the context of Travel
To provide review of be going to in the context of plans and arrangements
Procedure (91-107 minutes)
• Ask Ss how they are and if they are energetic enough to continue the class:
· Ask them if they are good at remembering birthdays as I have forgotten my best friend's birthday. · give Ss a small hand out and ask them to ask and answer the questions · Make 2 groups of A and B · Ask ICQs · Model one example with a student · Ask on feedback
· Ask Ss to do the exercise 1a · ask on feedback
• Write down some incomplete sentences and ask them to complete them such as '' Lily and Ben are …………… who want to meet up after a long time. So, they decide to meet in a ………. . Ben is currently working in a …………… and Lily wants to visit Budapest because of her …………… which is next week''. • Ask ICQs • Ask them to share their answers with their group mates • Give Ss the reading in some individual paragraphs which they should put them in correct order. • Ask on feedback and check if Ss in previous parts guessed correctly or not.
• Write down 6 words of exercise 1d under three columns with Titles of green, orange, pink and also stick 6 definitions in green, orange and pink on the walls of the class. Ask them to match the words with the meanings in groups • Ask ICQs • Ask on feedback
• Give Ss some pieces of paper which include information about the date, location and means of transportation of a friendly reunion • Ask Ss to make a conversation by using the new words previously taught • Ask ICQs • Ask on feedback
• Board the mistakes and ask them to find the mistakes in groups. Praise good use of language as well.