Utku Gürel - TP#7 - Tuesday - 29/04/2014
A2- Elementary level
To provide clarification and review of vocabulary for months and functional language on dates
To provide listening for specific information on special days
Procedure (32-45 minutes)
- Show first slide on the board and tell the students to write the rest of the months on the board - Class checks the answers & give feedback if necessary.
- Show the second slide on the board and ask the students to pronounce the months. - Show the stress on the board and model the language. - Listen track 1.60 and class drilling. - Tell the students to listen the track and write the months in the correct column on the board. - Students listen the track, write the answers, class checks and give feedback if there is an incorrect one. - Listen the track again and class drilling.
- Show the handout on the chest and give instructions, use ICQs to check the understanding. - Give the handouts, listen track 1.62. Students match the speakers 1-4 to the pictures A-D. - Peer check in pairs.
- Tell students to listen the track again and tell in what months these special days are. - Listen track 1.62 again and elicit answers from the students.
- Tell students to to think and write down 3 special days in Turkey. Then ask their partner what people do on these special days. - Monitor the students and give feedback for good & bad language.
- Write "What is the date today?" and "What date is it today?" - Elicit answer from the students. Show the alternative ways of telling the date on the board. - Show the third slide indicating 8. Nominate the students and let them say the dates. - Individual drilling and then class drilling for every date on the board.
-Tell the students to write 5 important dates on a paper and ask their partner about his or her important date. - Write 14/03/1985 on the board and the question "Why is 14th March important for you? in order to model the language for the speaking activity. - Monitor students and give feedback for good & bad language.