To provide gist and detailed reading in the context of Ozbus. Also to follow the stages of a receptive lesson closely.
To provide speaking activities in the context of travels to make sure the students have enough practice of productive skills.
Procedure (38-45 minutes)
- T shows pictures of her travels and she talks about it. - T asks the ss to talk about their travels. "Where did they go?, What did they see?" - T gives them 2 minutes to talk to their partner. - T elicits the answer from their partners.
- T teaches new vocab with "ECDW" method. - T elicits vocab (exciting, passenger, journey, backpaker, ultimate, jungle ) CQ's Exciting: Was Fenerbahce match exciting last night? Yes/No. Passenger: Are you a passenger on a bus/ in a car? Yes. Journey: Did you go on a journey? Yes/No. Backpacker: Do you like to backpack? Yes. So you are a backpacker. Ultimate: Jungle: Did you ever see a real jungle before? Yes/No.
- T projects the text and the pictures of Ozbus. - T tells the ss "to look at the title and the pictures and tell me what you think."
- T gives the task and then the folded HO's. - Ss only read the 1st paragraph of the text. (ex. 2A) ICQ's Are we going to read whole text? No. - T elicits the answer from the whole class.
- T gives the task, projects the words and makes one as an example on the board. - Ss open the 2nd part of the folded HO. (ex. 2B) - Ss work in pairs to find the questions. ICQ's Are we going to work alone? No. - T monitors and helps the Ss if needed and she corrects errors if there are any related to the context. - T gives the task 3A and the Ss read the text - They check their answers in pairs and T elicits the answer from WC.
- T gives the task and Ss open the last part of the folded HO. - Ss read the text and answer the T/F questions. - T projects the answers on the board. - Ss check their answers. - T asks the Ss if they have question or not.
- T talks about her dream travel and she asks the ss do the same. - Ss go out and ask their friends about their dream travel. - T takes notes for delayed FB and shows them on the board if necessary.