B2 Upper-Intermediate level
To provide students with clarification and practice of verbs or -ed, -ing adjectives in the context of feelings.
To develop the speaking skills of students for fluency
To listen for specific information
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
- Show students pictures of different feelings, and encourage them to describe them. - In pairs, they share their ideas. - W/C FB
- Focus on the "Ways of talking about feelings" box and go through it with the class. - elicit answers from students about the "verb, -ed, -ing adjectives". - ask them to use the verb "bore" similarly : (to bore, boring, bored) - peer check -C/W FB
- Encourage Ss to read the words drawing their attention that these words are set as verbs, and they will change their forms when completing the sentences.
- Focus on MFP and make sure Ss understand the meaning of all verbs in bold. - Ss match the verbs to their meanings - Check their answers in pairs / small groups. - Ask some CCQs to ensure MF of the TL. - For pronunciation, drill and show the phonemic scripts if needed.
- Ss complete the sentences with the correct form of the words in bold. - I'll do the first one with the class as an example. - Check their answers in pairs. - play the audio for Ss to listen and check - W/C FB
- Focus on the feelings adjectives that have an -ed form, but not an -ing form box and go through it with the class. - Do number 1 together and elicit the meaning (feeling admiration) - Model and drill pronunciation of the two adjectives - Give students time to complete the gaps. - Monitor for help if needed - Check answers and elicit which syllable is stressed. - W/C FB
- Draw Ss' attention that in this task they will activate orally some of the adjectives in "a & c" . - Give Ss 2 minutes to think about which three of the subjects they can talk about. - In pairs, they talk turns to talk. the first student can start by saying "i am going to tell you about...." - Monitor and help if needed - find out if any pairs feel exactly the same way about certain things. - W/C FB