Are you a risk taker?
B2 Upper Intermediate level
to develop students skills of listening for gist, specific information and detail in the context of risks of driving
To provide students with an opportunity to speak for fluency using details from the context.
To provide clarification for some vocabulary words related to the listening context
Procedure (37-50 minutes)
- Show students some pictures of risky driving, and then ask students to talk about them describing the reasons for risky driving. - In pairs, students share their ideas. - W/C FB
- Students look at the sentences 1- 8 and choose which they think is the right option. - In pairs / Groups, get them to discuss their choices. - Elicit opinions without telling them the right answers.
- Play the audio once - Students listen for once and check their answers. - Peer check - W/C Feedback
- Play the recording again - Students listen for more details for each question. since the audio is too long, I will pause after each paragraph and give students time to make notes. - Play again as necessary - Peer check - Elicit more information as possible.
- in small groups, students will discuss the questions in the book. - Monitor and help with vocabulary. - Open-class FB
-Students will be matching some vocabulary words to their meanings. - Check their answers in pairs - Check against the answer key (strips around the class) - Ask CCQs and provide examples to check the meaning and form. - Drill for pronunciation