By the end of the lesson, students will be better able to understand three listening passages in the context of brands and products.
Practicing giving information using relative clauses with who, which, when where.
Procedure (62-77 minutes)
1. Show the SS different logos of famous brands and ask them what brands or companies are they. 2. In groups, SS draw different logos and challenge another group to guess what the brand/ company is. 3. T ask for feedback from different SS on why did they choose the logos they drew.
1. SS are exposed to different vocabulary items. 2. Through a matching activity, SS find the definitions of the new adjectives: in groups they match every word with its definition. 3.T shows different famous brands, SS use the new adjectives to describe some of these brands and answer the following question: who likes these brands?
1. To set the context, T shows the pictures of three people and tells SS that they are going to talk about their favourite brand but they are not going to mention the name of the brands. 2. Students listen to the three people and say which brand each is discussing. 3. Students check in pairs before they see the correct answer on the board.
1. As the listening contains 3 speakers, the class is devided into 3 groups. Each group is going to focus on one speaker in order to answer the corresponding questions. 2. T plays the reccording. SS answer the questions. 3. SS mingle into new groups in order to help each other answering all the questions. 4. T flashes out the answers on the board in order for the SS to check their answers.
1. Show SS the sentences in the Language Focus and tell them thay they are taken from the listening passage. 2. SS fill in the gaps with the relative pronouns: who and which: the first sentence is done as OC and then SS finish the task individually. 3. SS check in pairs then T flashes out the answers on the board. 4. SS complete another task introducing where and when: the first sentence is done as OC and then SS finish the task individually. 5. SS check in pairs then T gets feedback.
Task: SS plan and present about a new product. 1. T goes through the scenario with the students. The scenario consists in a Sales Manager in a company who needs to present his/her product to a bank for funding. This company has three products and so the class will be devided into three groups in order to plan and present each product. 2. Students plan together and if possible rehearse the presentation as a group as well. 3. T regroups the SS into groups of 3 (each S with a different product to present) 4. Groups discuss which product is most appealing to investors. 5. T gets feedback from differentgroups on which product did their choose and why.