Utku Gürel - TP#5 - Tuesday 22/04/2014
A2 - Elementary level
To help students produce writing report with lexical variation and encourage the use of vocabulary related to the context
To provide practice for lexical families
Procedure (34-47 minutes)
- For GTKY, I will write some information about myself on the board and choose a volunteer. - Tell the the students to ask questions about the answers on the board and the volunteer will answer the questions on my behalf. - I will carry out individual drilling if a student fails in pronunciation.
- I will show the first slide and give students 3 minutes to think about the names of the stuff in the kitchen. - I will nominate a student to write the name of one item on the board, pronounce it, class drilling then the student will pass the pen to someone else.
- I will show second slide about the vocabulary in the kitchen and their definitions. Give students 3 minutes again to check the definitions and write the name of the item on the board. - I will nominate a student again to write the word on the board, pronounce the word, class drilling and the students will pass the pen again to someone else. - Class Check
- I will show the third slide indicating the kitchen plan and tell students to redesign the kitchen again. They will have already have a fridge, sink and oven. They must decide what the three blank squares represent, e.g drawers, cupboard or counter top. They also need to write in where they will put the electric kettle and instant coffee. - Show the 4th slide indicating problems about the kitchen. - Give the handouts to each group and monitor if they are on task. - Go back to the 3rd slide, tell the groups to come to the board and draw their design. - Class check and show the fifth slide that shows the best possible design plan.
- Put the students in pairs and show the last slide indicating an outline for report 2. - Tell the students to write down a report for the customer. - Pairs swap the papers for peer-check. - Class Feedback.