Future travel plan
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of future travel plan
To provide inference and specific information listening practice using a text about future plan in the context of travel
To provide review and practice of future tense going to in the context of future travel plan
Procedure (47-57 minutes)
- Teacher greets the students. - Teacher shows the video about Philippines. Then ask the students what is their favorite place they had been and why. Group conversation - Teacher ask how about the places you are planning to visit.
- Teacher tells the students, that they will be watching a video about a man who is planning to visit different countries. While you are listening Answer the following questions. After listening you will check in pair followed by group feed back. 1. What are the countries he wants to visit? 2. In Egypt what are the things he is going to do?
- Teacher presents the vocabulary words to the students. - Teacher asks the students, in the video when the man said " Going to see the pyramid" CCQ. did he see it before? when does he want to see it? Teacher discusses the use of going to in talking about future plan. - Teacher asks the students in the video, what are the other things the man wants to do. if the students cannot be able to answer play the video one more time.
- Students will work as a group. - Ask them to research regarding the places they are planning to visit. Search online what are the things they can do. - After researching they will present using going to, the things they will be doing in that country.
- Do delayed error correction for the tasks. - Write the errors on the WB you've noticed during monitoring. - Ask ss to correct them.