To provide clarification and practice of language used for Making invitations and accept/decline invitations in the context of entertainment activities
To provide gist and specific information listening practice using a text about making arrangements in the context of dating
Procedure (35-47 minutes)
- Ss discuss the four questions for 5 minutes, to personalize the teaching topic for students.
- T tells students to look at the activity 2 - Then T plays the dialogue.
- Briefly discuss the picture with the learners and make sure they understand the scene.
- T plays the track again and have the learners fill-in the gaps in activity 3.
- Ss compare their answers.
- Discuss the function of the languages from listening for detail. - Focus the learners to the text in activity 4. Tell them to underline the phrase which describes an invitation. - Go over the form/pronunciation/usage.
- Explain the activity - Give the role cards to the ss. - Ss make invitations to each other and try to find a pair to do the activity together.
- Ss write an entertainment activity on a piece of a paper (preferably a funny one). - Ss take another paper and write a time phrase. - Students take turns, take a piece of paper from each box, improvise dialogue in front of the classroom.
- T gives feedback to the students for the common errors of the learners.