Life events - A2 TP 6
Elementary A2 level
To provide clarification of life events in the context of Ben Silbermann's life
To provide gist and scan reading practice using a text about Ben Silbermann's life in the context of Life events
Procedure (34-46 minutes)
1) T groups the students -3 Ss in each-. 2) T distributes the handouts to the Ss. 3) Ss try to put the life events in a logical order and match them with the names of the events. 4) T will wrap up the activity by asking: What do all of these photos have in common? If 'life events' or 'important moments' isn't immediately elicited, have them talk in pairs for a minute. Make context clear.
1) T elicits "ordinary". Then "extraordinary". And drills it and ask CCQ's. 2) T projects the pictures on the reading text. 4) Elicits their names and key vocabulary from the text (Insect, stamp, leaves) Then drills each item and asks CCQ's. 5) T shows a photograph of Ben Silbermann and the title of the text on the board. Ss discuss the photos and the title of the article About Ben Silbermann. (What do you think are his interests? What extraordinary business did he start?)
1) Ss read the first paragraph of the text and check their ideas.
1) T shows the table about Ben Silbermann on the handout and tells them to fill the table.
1) Ss read the whole text to fill in the information about Ben Silbermann. 2) Ss check their answers with their partners.
1) Ss discuss the questions in exercise 5. (How many different websites do you look at every week? Which ones are your favourites? Do you like sharing information about your life on blogs and social networking sites? Why? Do you like reading blogs or watching Vlogs? Do you post photos online? If so, how many and what kind of photos? If not, why not? Do you know anyone who collects things? What do they collect and why?)