Eating and drinking
To provide clarification and practice of different kinds of food and drinks in the context of eating and drinking
To provide clarification and practice of The countable and uncountable nouns in the context of eating and drinking.
Procedure (35-49 minutes)
- I will start the lesson with asking the students about their favorite food. - I will show them a video about 'what does the world eat for breakfast?" to engage the students in the lesson's atmosphere.
- I will ask the students to find the given words on the picture. - After they finish, I will ask them to check in pairs. - I will give them feedback of their answers.
- I will teach the students the new vocabulary with the ECDW method: Eliciting: i will show them a picture of each word and ask them what is this . Concept checking : I will ask the students some CCQU's to make sure that the students understood the meaning. Drilling : I will ask the students to repeat the word many times to check the pronunciation. Writing : I will write the word on the board to make sure that the students get the right spelling.
- I will show the students these real objects and ask them if they can count them or not. then tell them *Do you know what we call the things that we can count and we can't? then differentiate between the countable and uncountable nouns. - I will give the students EX 3 in the handout and ask them to write the words in two groups countable & uncountable nouns. - I will ask the students to check in pairs. - I will give the SS feedback about their answers.
- I will stick some pictures on the wall and bring two cups with two groups of sheets papers. The first group will be the names of these pictures and the second will be countable and uncountable noun. - Then i will ask each student to take a sheet of paper from the names and put it on the right picture. - after they finish the names they will take another sheet from the second group and put on the picture either it was countable or uncountable. # i will give them a feedback on each picture and make a revision on the pronunciation one more time.