Derya Erkilinc - Adjectives - ed - ing
To provide clarification of Adjectives in the context of ed and ing
To provide practice of Adjectives in the context of ed and ing
Procedure (43-50 minutes)
- Ss will be divided into groups , teacher will ask the Ss to choose a group name and nominate a student to write the name pn the whiteboard. - Students will have 5 minutes to brainstorm and write down as many feelings that will end with ed or ing as they can ie: bored,scared. - Than teacher will give award points for each correctly spelled feeling and write the wrong spelled feelings if there is any on the white board.
- Teacher will explain ed and ing - Ss will get some handouts with questions - Ss will read the questions for 1 minute than the Ss will discuss the questions in pairs - Teacher will ask Ss to share their partners answers with the class ( Feedback )
- Teacher will handout a list of opinions to the Ss. - Ss have to see if the opinions are grammatically correct or incorrect. - Ss will than check their answers with their partner - Teacher will give the answer key to the Ss ( Feedback)
- Teacher will handout a task which the students will look back at the quizz on Pg.58 and answer the questions alone. - Ss will discuss their answers with their partner. - Ss will check the correct answers (Feedback)
- Teacher will give a handout ( Pg.153 )where the Ss will complete definitions with the correct form of adjectives in the box . - Working in pairs. - Monitor Ss - If necessary pre-teach words that Ss might struggle with.
- Ss will complete an exercise which the teacher will provide on their own - Teacher will go through the answers with the Ss. - On the same handout Ss will go into pairs and complete a dialogue that will be provided and act out - Ss will go into pairs and act out the dialogue
- Teacher will handout cards with adjective words that ends with ed and ing - Teacher will ask students to choose two each and asked to make sentences with these words - Ss will have 3 minutes to brainstorm - Teacher will ask each student to share their sentences they made up using the words.