To provide gist, specific information and detailed listening practice using a text about daily schedules in the context of daily routine.
To provide review of simple present tense in the context of daily routine.
To provide fluency speaking practice in a storytelling in the context of daily routine.
Procedure (28-48 minutes)
- I'll write this sentence on the board: "I'm an English _ _ _ _ _ _ _" and ask them to guess the word.(TEACHER) - I'll continue the sentence like this:"I go to work _ _ _ _ _ _ _." and ask them to guess the word.(EVERYDAY) - I'll continue the sentence with: " I work _ _ _ _ 10 am _ _ _ _ _ 6 pm. to elicit (FROM) and (UNTIL).
- I'm going to show a photo of: a nurse, and elicit the word. CCQs: *does this person work in a hospital? yes *dose she help sick people? yes - Drilling : /nɜrs/ - Form-boarding: nurse (noun) a mechanic, and elicit the word. CCQ: *does he repair cars? yes - Drilling: /məˈkænɪk/ - Form-boarding: mechanic (noun) a receptionist and elicit the words. CCQ: *does this person give you information? yes - Drilling: /rɪˈsɛpʃənɪst/ - Form-boarding: receptionist (noun) - then I'll give each photo to one student and put them in pairs/groups (depending on their numbers) and ask them to make 3 sentences. (like what I did in the beginning of the class. the sentences are still on the board) -Feedback
- I'll give them the instruction: * listen to the audio, (there are 3 people talking) and tell me: ** What are they talking about? (I'll write the question on the board) - ICQs: *are you going to write? No *how many people are talking? 3 - then they have time to talk about it in their pairs. - feedback (daily routine/activity)
-I'll give them the instruction: * I'm going to give you a card, its about Greg, Megan and Lori. listen again and complete the information card. - instead of ICQ, I'll do the first one as an example. - they have time to check their answers in pairs. if they have difficulty finding the answers, I'll play it again. - at last, I'll provide them with correct answers.
- I'll give them the instruction ( matching information): * I'm going to give you a sheet. on the top you can see Megan, Greg and Lori. then you have 9 sentences. you should listen again and match these sentences with names. write M,G or L. * I'll do an example for them. ICQs: are you going to listen again? yes * Do you match the sentences with names? yes - then they have time to check their answers in their pairs. - I'll play again ( if necessary ) - I'll provide them with the correct answers which are already under their table)
- The Students have time to talk about their daily routine in their pairs/group. - delayed error correction ( if necessary) - feedback