To provide clarification and practice of the words about question
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a group work and game
Procedure (41-48 minutes)
- The t aks some questions like How are you? How was your exam and the result? The Ss give some answers.
- The T gives the questions on the exercise 1A. - T opens the pictures on smart board and the SS match the pictures with the questions. - The T sets the SS in pairs and gives each pair two or three questions. - The Ss try to write their answers to the questions - The pairs swap the papers and see the answers - The T shows the answer key on the smart board.
- The T re-groups the Ss and gives the exercise 2A to the students - The Ss match the words with situations -The Ss check their answers -The T writes the answers on the board. The T models and dirlls the words -The T elicits part of speech and word stress for the new vocabulary
-The T sets the students in groups. Group A: Cheese (verbs) Group B: Onion (Nouns) - The T gives the handout about part of speech - The Ss in groups writes the part of speech (Verbs or Nouns) -The T draws a chart on the board. - The Ss say the verbs and nouns and the T writes on the chart.
- The T sets the students in pairs -The T hands out the exercise 2D - The Ss work in pairs and choose the correct alternative - The Ss check their answers unfolding the paper.
- The T sets the Ss in pairs -The Ss work in pairs and try to fill the chart - The T hands out the answer key.
- The T sets the students in groups - One student from each group comes forward. One of them will be competitor and the other will be emcee. - The Ss try to give answer to the questions and each group members will take turn to be emcee and competitor.