Eda ASLAN / 15.04.2014/ TP5 -Listening & Speaking
To provide gist and specific information listening practice using a text about the book "Father knows less" in the context of questions of a child
To provide fluency speaking practice in a discussion in the context of the book
Procedure (33-48 minutes)
- Teacher talks about her childhood and tells students some questions that she asked his father when she was a child. - Teacher asks students to watch the video while considering the question of " Did you ask such kind of questions when you were a child?" - After the video, the teacher asks students some questions about the video, such as " What's the name of the book in the video?", " Could the men answer children's questions?" etc. - Teacher asks students : "Did you ask such kind of questions when you were a child?" and elicits their answers.
- Teacher uses the ECDW techniques to teach some vocabulary, which may be unfamiliar for the students, by using different ways such as showing pictures, using scenarios etc. - Teacher asks some CCQs to check whether the students understand the vocabulary or not. - Teacher drills the words to show students the correct pronunciation of the word. - Teacher writes the words on a board to show students the correct spelling of the words and elicits their parts of speech and elicits the stess of the words from the students and shows on the board, .
-Teacher gives students hand-out and asks students to read the questions. - Teacher asks students to remember the video, which they have already watched at the beginning of the lesson. - Teacher asks students to make some predictions about the context of the listening part, which they'll listen soon.
-Teacher asks students to listen to the track and order the sentences individully. - Teacher plays the track. - Teacher asks students to compare the asnwers with their partners. -Teacher asks students to unfold the hand-out to see the answer key.
- Teacher gives students 1-2 minutes to think about their answers to the questions. - The teacher asks students to compare their answers with their partners. - The teacher elicit student's ideas about the answers.
- Teacher asks students to listen to some people trying to answer the questions. - Teacher plays the track. - Teacher asks students to compare their answers with the recording. - In FB, the teacher asks students if anyone had the same answers as in the recording.
- Teacher gives hand-out for gap filling. - Teacher plays the recording and asks students to fill in the gaps. - Teacher monitors and picks up some points. -Teacher asks students to compare the answers with their partners. - Teacher plays the track again if it is needed. - Teacher shows the answer key on the smartboard
- Teacher divides the class into two groups and asks each group to prepare 3 interesting questions, that they asked their families, when they were a child. - Teacher asks students to talk about the answers of these questions. - Teacher asks three students from each group to change places with each other. - Students change their places and ask/answer each other's question. - Teacher monitors and provides feedback.