To provide detailed reading practice using a text about "What did the ancient Egyptians give us?" in the context of Egyptians
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of Egyptians
Procedure (41-51 minutes)
- Greet the students and tell them: " Which things do you think we use today come from Egypt?" "How do you think they could find these things? - Let them discuss it with their partners in 2 minutes. - Get whole class feedback.
- Ask them to skim the text and choose the correct answer from page 46 "Understanding the reading" part. - Give them 4 minutes to skim. - Pair check. - Whole class feedback. - CCQs about the context to see whether they understood or not. If not, ask more CCQs
- Tell the students that they are going to read in details and this time they will answer the questions from "remembering details" part. - Give them thirty seconds to read the questions. - Give them 12 minutes to read and answer the questions. - Pair check. - Whole class feedback.
- Project "Making Inferences" on the board. - Ask a CCQ to be sure that they remember what inference is. - Tell them that they are going to find if the sentences are infered or stated. - Play give them 6 minutes to complete the task. - Give them 1 minute to check their with their partners. - Get whole class feedback.
- Project "Discussion" part. Ask the students to answer the questions in detail. - Monitor but do not interfere and take some notes of the mistakes for delayed feedback. - Have delayed feedback.