To provide clarification and practice of words related to a text about Egyptians in the context of Egyptians
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of Egyptians
Procedure (40-55 minutes)
- Make the projector ready. - Ask them: Have you ever been abroad?. Would you like to travel to Egypt? What do you know about Egypt? - Ask the questions in "before you read" part from the book page 43.
- Ask students to scan the text and underline the key words which are already in bold and the words that are not known. - Give them 3 minutes to do that.
- Ask students to check the vocabulary, which they underlined while scanning, with their partners and ask the meaning of the key words to each other.
- Elicit the words in the vocabulary section by explaining a situation and using definitions. - Write them down on the board with their parts of speech. - After eliciting all, whole class pronuncation is applied.
- Ask at least one CCQ for each word.
- Ask the students to do "the meaning" and "the words that go together part" alone. - After done, ask them to check their answers with their partners. - If time, get students to the board to write their answers. If not, T writes the answers on the board.
- Ask SS to do the "use" part with their partner as a practice activity and ask some follow up questions to their partner. - Monitor and apply hot error correction as accuracy is checked.