To provide clarification and practice of words related to science in medicine in the context of health and science
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of health and science
Procedure (40-55 minutes)
- Make the projector ready. - Ask them: What do you study? (Elicit "medicine"). Who is the most important scientist in medicine? Why do you think s/he is the most important one? - Ask the questions in "before you listen" part from the book page 50.
- Ask students to listen to the audio and write down the key words and the words that are not known. - Play the track 32 once.
- Ask students to check the vocabulary, which they noted down while listening, with their partners and ask the meaning of the key words to each other.
- Elicit the words in the vocabulary section by explaining a situation and using definitions. - Write them down on the board with their parts of speech. - After eliciting all, whole class pronuncation is applied.
- Ask at least one CCQ for each word.
- Ask the students to do "the meaning" and "the words that go together part" alone. - After done, ask them to check their answers with their partners. - If time, get students to the board to write their answers. If not, T writes the answers on the board.
- Ask SS to do the "use" part with their partner as a practice activity. - Monitor and apply hot error correction as accuracy is checked.