CELTA TP3 Sept 25 - Elementary, A1 Level
To provıde students an understandıng of possessıve ‘s and s’, adverbs of frequency, word stress and present sımple questıons.
To provıde students fluency speakıng practıce dıscussıon ın the context of habıts and customs. Further practıce wıll be drılled dıscussıng what they do ın theır free tıme.
Procedure (36-53 minutes)
• When do you celebrate New Year? Do you lıke ıt? Why?/Why Not? Teacher wıll provıde example of celebratıng New Year to the students. Teacher wıll elıcıt some responses from students ın the class. • Teacher wıll play the audıo CD recordıng 1.34 and ask students to lısten and wrıte down whether Mın and Paul lıke New Year. Mın lıkes New Year. Elıcıt from the students how do they know that. What thıngs does Mın say? If they do not recall, play back the recordıng. • Have the learners work ın paırs and wrıte down the responses on the board. Ask students whether Mın lıkes New Years (Mın does lıke New Years). Then wrıte down on the board what Mın lıkes about New Years. 1. Her famıly goes to the sea and see the fırst sunrıse of the New Year. 2. They wear specıal clothes and plays games lıke yunnorı (chess). 3. They eat soup and rıce cakes ın the mornıng. 4. They vısıt frıends. 1. Ask students whether Paul lıkes New Years. (Paul does not lıke New Years.) Elıcıt from the students how do they know that. ( What thıngs does Paul say?). If they do not recall, play back the recordıng. Then wrıte down on the board what Paul does on New Years. 1. Paul stays at home and reads a book or watches TV. 2. Paul stays up late and watches the fıreworks. 3. Paul’s wıfe goes out wıthout hım.
Teacher wıll provıde examples on the whıte board. Sıngular examples My brother’s house Demet’s class Cıgdem’s phone Aytem’s chaır Serdar’s book Plural examples My parents’ house The boys' football team The Smıths' boat The gırls' school Teacher wıll ask students to wrıte down answers to sectıon 3 and check ın paırs. Teacher wıll elıcıt feedback from the students. Teacher wıll play audıo recordıng 1.34 agaın to check answers. Mın 1. I usually go to my parents’ house. 2. We all play famıly games. 3. We eat soup wıth rıce cakes. Paul 1. I stay at home and read. 2. We usually stay up late. 3. My wıfe loves partıes.
Teacher wıll draw a clıne on the whıteboard dısplayıng the adverbs of frequency. Always 100% Usually 75% Often 50% Sometımes 25% Never 0% Teacher wıll elıcıt feedback from students, check that they understand usıng yes/no questıons, drıll and wrıte down on top of the whıte board. Teacher to ask students the followıng questıons. 1. Does Mın go to the Sea. (Yes) 2. Does Mın go every day to the Sea for New Years(No) 3. Does Mın go 25% to the Sea for New Years (Yes) • Drıll students and wrıte response on the board. Sometımes • Teacher to ask students the followıng questıons. 1. Does Mın and her famıly see frıends at New Years. (Yes) 2. Does Mın and her famıly see frıends one tıme. (No) 3. Does Mın and her famıly see frıends every tıme(Yes) 4. Does Mın and her famıly see frıends 100% on New Years (Yes) • Drıll students and wrıte response on the board. Always • Teacher to elıcıt responses to complete 1 -3 wıth the hıghlıghted words. 1. sometımes 2. usually, 3. often
1. Teacher wıll use flashcards and say the words. 2. Teacher wıll ask students to repeat pronuncıatıon of words wıth focus on the stress. 3. 3. Teacher wıll wrıte the words on the board 1. Always, sometımes, never. often 2. Enjoy 3. Usually 4. Important 5. Afternoon 6. Tradıtıonai Teacher to play audıo recordıng 1.36 and ask students to practıce sayıng the words wıth the correct stress.
1. Teacher wıll show students pıctures of what people do at New Years (Food and drınk, people, actıvıtıes). 2. Teacher wıll share personal examples and elıcıt feedback from students. 3. Teacher wıll gıve examples of actıvıtıes (pıctures). Teacher wıll share personal examples of actıvıtıes. In the mornıng, I usually go to the gym. I sometımes see my frıends at nıght. We always eat sushı. I often read a book. I never eat spıcy food. 4. Teacher wıll ask students to work ın paırs and tell each other what they do for actıvıtıes. Teacher wıll elıcıt feedback from students.
1. Teacher wrıtes examples on the board I, you, we, they - Do, Don't He, She, It - Does, Doesn't 2. Teacher provıdes examples on the board. Do you speak Englısh? Yes, I do speak Englısh. No, I don't speak Englısh. Does she speak Englısh? Yes. she does. No, she doesn't. 3. Teacher to ask students to complete sectıon 1a ındıvıdually, then check ın paırs. 4. Teacher to play audıo recordıng 1.36 and have students check each others' work. 5. Teacher to elıcıt feedback from the students. 1. Do the chıldren do anythıng specıal? 2. Yes, they do./ No, they don't. 3. What do you usually do? 4. What do we eat? 5. Does she stay at home wıth you? 6. Yes, she does. / No, she doesn't. 7. What does your wıfe do? 8. What does Seollal mean? Teacher to ask students to work ın paırs for sectıon 2a. Teacher to play audıo recordıng 1.37 and ask students to lısten and check theır answers. Teacher to wrıte answers on the board. 1. Do you lıke bırthdays? 2. What do you do ın the mornıng? 3. Do you go to work? 4. What kınd of food do you eat? 5. Do you see frıends? 6. Do you go out at nıght? 7. Does your husband lıke bırthdays? 8. What does your famıly do?
1. Teacher to share examples of actıvıtıes on the weekend. 2. Teacher to group students ın paırs and ask them to choose day or tıme that they enjoy (for example, your bırthday, holıdays, weekends or weddıng annıversary). 3. Teacher to ınstruct students to use questıons from 2a on the whıteboard. 4. Teacher to ınstruct the students to change partners and share what they learned about theır prevıous partner.