Lesson Plan TP8 - Grammar (Family) - Sonia
To provide practice of Subject Pronouns and Object Pronouns in the context of family
To provide fluency speaking practice in a Telling about oneself in the context of family
Procedure (37-45 minutes)
- Ss will be invited to guess who the boy is. - They will respond to the question 'What do you want to know about him?' by working in pairs to think of a couple of questions to be asked. - T elicits two questions from each group. Then, she displays a brief introduction about the boy. - Discussing the highlighted items to introduce the lesson's topic.
- Each group of ss will work on a set of cards that are displayed in one side of the classroom by classifying them where they were originally displayed according to the drawn table on the board. - They will all gather to check their work. - Discussing in their groups three questions about pronouns. - Working in groups on a MC activity to check understanding. - Groups exchange their work, and finally compare it to the answer key.
- Drilling sentences and questions extracted from the previous task. - Writing them down and relying on them to eventually fill in the two-column table with the pronouns and the proper explanation about them. - Distributing the handouts to ss.
- Opinion dictation: Each s will write about the best thing a family member does to him/her. - T collects notes and invites ss to fill with the dictated sentences in an I like when or I don't like when table. - Ss stand up to express their opinions and account for them to a chosen partner.
- Ss will gather in one group to get engaged in the Tell Us About game-like activity. - Teacher monitors the activity and records few made errors to be corrected in a delayed way.