Expressing Likes and Dislikes
To provide deduction listening practice using a text about Expressing likes and dislikes in the context of Things to do in London.
To provide clarification of Adjectives in postive and negative meaning in the context of Spending time in London
Procedure (45-66 minutes)
- I will greet the students. - I will remind my name and revise their names. - I will show a photo pf tourist attractions in London. T: Do you know, I have a dream. I want to see a place. I want to go to that place in the photo. Look at the picture. Where is it? London What is the name of each place? londodn Eye, Madame Tussauds ...etc
- Now, imagine you are in London now and you have a free day for yourself. - Choose three things you would like to do. - Think for one minute. - Share with your partner. - PW FB
- T. sticks these adjectives on the board :"good, bad, nice, lovely, awful, great, excellent, terrible, horrible" - She clarifies meaning by demonstrations. - She asks CCQ to understand the understanding. T: * Is lovely positive or negative? Positive. * Can we say 'lovely weather today'? Yes Others will be attached in LA. - PW FB
- Look at this hand-out. - There are five sentences here. - Each sentence has two adjectives. - Listen & underline the right adjective. - Listening Track- - PW FB - T to WC FB on the board.
- Look at the photo in your handouts. - Listen to three dialogues between tourists in London. - Which activities are they talking about? - Make a list individually. ICQ : * Are you writing sth while listening? Yes. * Are you studying in pairs? No - WC FB
- Look at exercise 2. - Listen and complete the gaps. - PW FB - T gives AK as FB
- Work in pairs. - Talk about your own likes & dislikes. - Remember Exercise 2 - Complete the gaps with words from exercise 2. - You have 2 minutes . ICQ: * Are you just reading? No. * Are you working alone? Yes. After the task, T. explains the main phrases to describe likes and dislikes with using some emojis to reflect the feeling. Grammatical description is attached in LA.
- Work in pairs. - Tell your partner, what you like and dislike doing in Istanbul. - Speak in turns. For example :" I live in Kadıköy. I really like walking by Moda seashore. I like eating fish&bread. I don't mind the crowd. I don't like humid weather. I hate people polluting the environment." - Change partners and report on what your previous partner said. T. will conduct delayed error correction.