To provide controlled speaking practice of WH questions in the context of introducing oneself and making friends
To practice reading for specific information and revising the present simple tense
Procedure (43-65 minutes)
- Ask the students to look at a picture on the projector and to think about these questions: Are they friends? Did they meet each other for the first time? What did they ask each other about? What did they say to each other?
- Ask the students to imagine that they meet someone for the first time and want to be friends. - Ask the students to look at the Meeting People form in the Handout and to try to form complete questions. - Ask the students to fill in the gaps in the form on their own.
- Ask the student to listen and repeat after each question.
- Demo the speaking activity with a volunteer. Then have students work with a partner and practice Q/A. - Tell the students that they have to interview each other in the class and find those who have common interests with them.
- Ask students about the students who have common interests with them and what are these common interests. - Provide error correction.