Lesson Plan TP3
By the end of the lesson ss will have practised the present simple tense with "some", "any", "this" and "that" in the context of describing rooms.
To practise listening for gist and revise "there is/are", and prepositions of place.
Procedure (27-63 minutes)
The teacher shows real kitchen objects (forks, spoons and knives) to students and ensures that they learn their names.
- The teacher shows the students a picture. - The teacher demos with the students asking questions and providing answers about objects in the kitchen using the simple present tense, the preposition of place and "there is" and "there are". - Students ask each other questions and give answers about the objects in the kitchen.
- The teacher asks the students to listen to a conversation between Suzie and Matt and write the missing words. - The teacher demonstrates the activity.
- The teacher shows realia (cups, forks, spoons, knives, etc.) on two tables and forms sentences (questions and answers) using "some" and "any". - The teacher demonstrates the activity several times. - Students forms sentences using realia. - Then the teacher asks students to look at four pictures and complete the sentences with the determiners "this", "that", these" or "those". - The teacher demonstrates the first sentence and asks the students to complete the remaining three sentences with the right determiners.
- The teacher hands students 12 paper clips: six clips containing each a gapped sentence, three ones featuring "some" and three others featuring "any" and groups the students in pairs. - The teacher asks the pairs of students to read the sentences and put "some" or "any" in the gaps and demonstrates with the students the first and second sentences. - The teacher asks the students to do the same with the remaining sentences.
- The teacher asks the students to talk about things in the classroom (whiteboard, computer, desks, door, windows, pens, etc. using the determiners "this", "that", "these" and "those". - The teacher demonstrates the activity with the students and asks other students to do it in pairs.
- The teacher asks students to look in their bags and ask and answer questions about their bags with a partner. - He demonstrates the Q & A activity with two pairs of students. Then, he asks the pairs of students to perform the Q & A activity.
- The teacher asks the students to listen to Yoshi Ishigawa who is on business in New York. He describes what's in his briefcase. - Students tick the things in it. - The teacher hands out to the students the key answer.