To provide clarification and practice prepositions
To provide fluency and accuracy of There is/are...in the context of a house using prepositions
Procedure (37-43 minutes)
- Visual of Robert and ask about him. - What can you remember about Robert?
- Visual of Robert's room - Sts take a look at his room for a few minutes. - Elicit: what room is this? / What do you see? - Briefly review the vocabulary of objects,there is/are in positive, negative, and question forms . - model it on the board. - Sts turn the paper - Sts remember the objects in the bedroom In pairs.
- Visuals of Prepositions in, on, under, next to - Elicit: Where is/are .............? the objects in Robert's room - Come up with the vocabulary they might not know. :jumper/trainers/mug using images and realia. - monitor and check for accurate pronunciation and drill. :in, on, under, next to jumper/trainers/mug
- Give instruction for exercise in the handout. - Give Sts handouts. -Complete the task in pairs. - Whole class check . - Monitor and check the correct use of it's and they're. - Give students time to prepare 4 questions. - sTS go around the class ask whoever they wan about their classmates. - Make sure students can produce falling intonation on the question"Where". - Explain the instruction on the board and cross out the words in each set as they use them. Ask students to complete the words in correct order. - Ask Sts to check the answers in pairs. - Whole class check.Sts come to the board to answer. - Sts have two different picture of the same room. - Model them how to do the task. - Sts tell the differences in two pictures in pairs. - Sts stand up and do the task. - Give Sts the handouts. - Monitor and give help when necessary. - Whole class check.
- Give Sts flash cards. - Sts in pairs talk about the place of furniture on the flash cards in their own house or apartment. - Monitor and take notes.
- Correction stage: focus on fluency and accuracy. - list the mistakes on the board. - One student comes to the board. - Whole class help to correct the mistakes. - Help if necessary.