To provide gist and detailed comprehension of reading describing an event.
To provide clarification and practice in the context of telling a story.
Procedure (43-50 minutes)
- Recycle vocabulary and introduce the story by focusing on the picture of the book and the title .
- Set the reading task. - Students in pairs read and answer the questions(Ex.1) - Give learners some lexis to predict the story and make a story in pairs.(Ex.2) - Report to the class
- Set the task. give time to read individually. - Check their guess whether they were true or not - Ask to do the exercise (put the story in order) for gist
- Read to answer the question(Ex.3) for detailed information - Students tell the story in pairs and report it to class - Ask students to look at the reading text again and highlight the sentences followed by during, when, after, as,later, and then. prepare some CCQ to recognize their usage. During and after are preposition;they are followed by nouns or phrases : during the concert/during rush hour : after half an hour later comes after a time phrase :half an hour later,two days later as +a sentence as I was driving - Prepare a gap-filler task to complete it with the lexis in the box - Ask for pair work to check - Give feedback - Ask learners to to report the story to the class using 4,3,2, fluency games using the prepositions this time.
- Set the task -Ask learners in group talk about advantages and disadvantages of being a taxi driver - Report it to the class