Lesson Plan for TP 3
To provide Ss practice in speaking for accuracy and fluency in the context of daily routines
Sub Aim: Grammar & Reading
Sub Aim: Grammar & Reading
Procedure (24-50 minutes)
- T shows the visual of Lois and introduces her as a friend of hers. T also reminds Ss of Elliot from previous section and puts his picture on the w/b as well. T ask Ss to look at the pictures and say what they see there. T prompts Ss to say: Lois, Elliot, a house, a piano, a dog, seaside, beach. T asks Ss to work in pairs and think of three questions they might ask about Lois and write them in their notebooks. T sets an example by pointing to Elliot's and Lois's pictures and prompting Ss to ask 'Who is Lois?' T sets the time limit of 3 min. - Ss work in pairs to think of the three questions they might ask about Lois. - T monitors and helps if needed.
- T shows the text about Lois and asks Ss to read the text and see if they can find the answers to their questions about Lois. - T asks Ss not to worry about the gaps and see if there are answers to their questions in the text. - T checks ISQ by asking Ss what they need to do: they go to disco or what? - T passes handouts with the text about Lois. - T demonstrates by asking a question 'How old is Lois?' and pointing to the information in the text about Lois's age. - Ss read the text solo to find the answers to their questions. - T monitors if students are on the track and helps if needed. - T asks Ss to check their answers with peers they made the questions with. - T points to Elliot's and Lois's pictures and asks 'Who is Lois?' T elicits the answer of 'Lois is Elliot's sister.' - T puts Ss in groups and asks them to ask each other their questions about Lois. - T monitors and helps if needed. - T reorganizes the pairs and focuses Ss attention on the verbs in the box in ex.2 and explains Ss that this time they have to complete the text with the verbs. - T checks ISQ. - T passes handouts. - T demonstrates the activity by doing (2). - Ss work in pairs to complete the problem-solving activity. - T monitors and helps if needed. - T provides Ss with the answer key for them to check their answers.
- T shows a picture of her mother. Ss don't know who the woman on the picture is. - T focuses Ss' attention on the questions in ex.6 p.45 and prompts Ss to ask her questions about the woman in the picture. That will both involve them into demonstration of what they will need to do further and drill them for their practice activity.
- T asks Ss if they have pictures of their family members (usually they do). In case they don't they just choose a family member or a friend they would like to talk about. - T sets the context and says that they are in Bodrum, spending their summer vacation at the seaside. There they meet new people and talk about their family members or friends with each other. - T focuses Ss' attention on the questions in ex.6 and asks Ss to use them in their dialogue. - T gets Ss to mingle and talk to at least two peers. - Ss mingle and speak with their peers. - T monitors. - T reports back to Lois and deliberately changes the information to elicit the answer of 'No, she does not...' T sets the model for students and drill the pronunciation. - T asks Ss to write 3 false sentences about people they talked about and produce a modelled dialogue with their partner. - Ss write 3 false sentences and come up to the partner who they talked about the person they made false statements of.
- T provides feedback on Ss' use of language. - T writes examples of good language and the one to be corrected on the w/b -T praises good language and asks to correct errors with their partners. - T asks Ss to correct erros in open class, inviting Ss to the board.