To provide clarification and practice of verb patterns in the context of food styling
To provide deduction reading practice about verb patterns using a text about fast food styling.
To provide deduction reading practice using a text about fast food in the context of Food stylists
Procedure (36-50 minutes)
1. I sticks 2 different pictures ( fast food & home-cooked) and describe them using words from the box ( to give prompts for the students to use them) ( activity 1 p 104) 2. Work out the meaning and pronounciation of those words.
1. Deal with some vocab from the text ( p 105) that might be difficult to the sts. 2. After securing the vocab part; sts are invited to read the text 3. Follow the reading with some questions to make sure that the sts have comprehended the text. ( What's a food stylist? , what are the ingerdients for the advertised burger?, ..)
1. Invite the sts to have a look at the underlined sentences in the text and guide them to notice the verb forms in those setnences. 2. hilghlight the verb patterns in those sentences and elicit the verb form of each one. 3. Guide the sts to deduce the rule from the examples.
1. After the students have worked out the rule, as pair work, sts go on filling the gaps of the rule (P 105)
1. In pairs, sts are invited to do activity n 4. ( Meanwile, I monitor them while working) 2. Provide the answer key sheet for a quick feedback.
1. Sts are invited now to do a semi-controlled activity on their own (5 p 105) Meanwhile I monitor the sts and be ready for help if needed. 2.Provide the answer key sheet for feedback.
1. Students are invited to work out the prepositions that go with the adjectives in the box (Activity 6p 105). 2. students are asked to provide sentences on their own using those words.