To provide fluency in the context of advertisement
To provide vocabulary review in the context of advertisement
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- Have projection ready - Show some ad posters ask them what they are - Ask ss what sorts of things do they like to shop for? - Have WCFB
- Ask ss to think about the answers of the following questinons: 1. What is the ad for? 2. Is the ad effective? How? 3. Does it make you want to buy this product? - Show the example advertisement on youtube - Have WCFB
- Project the target vocabulary matching exercise on WB - Have ss come and match them on the WB - Give ss WCFB
- Send ss the link to the Padlet page (that has pictures of futuristic products) - Have them look at the picture of the products on their laptops - Divide ss into six groups of three students and have them choose one product to create an advertisement. - Infom them that, after they record their advertisement video on Padlet, we are going to watch it as WC. - Tell ss that they all have to participate and their speech has to be at least 1 - 1.5 minutes - Monitor and help if needed
- Play the videos as WC and give feedback to the ss - After each ad is seen, pause and have student feedback. Then give your own comments and suggestions.