Grammar - By the end of the lesson SS will be able to recognise and use phrases for time and adverbs for frequency
SS will practise the receptive skill reading, sub-skill reading for gist
Procedure (27-47 minutes)
- Write vocab on the WB and elicit meaning. positive- I am positive. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? The opposite of positive is........? So, positive is.......? solution- I have a problem, I want to find a............? What's another word for it? After I find a solution, do I have a problem? early bird- Is an early bird an animal or a person? I am an early bird, what time do I wake up? Am I late for work? have a rest - After a very hard day at work, what do you do? make a mistake- There is a question. I answer the question, but I make a..........? Is my answer true or false? Can I say I do a mistake?
Quickly read the article and match paragraphs 1,2,3,4 and 5 to the pictures. - HO p.36 ex.1 - Monitor - Peer check FB - OHT to WB, elicit answers from SS
- On the WB write on, in, at Complete phrases 1-5 with in, on or at. Make a guess, if you don't know the answer. - Monitor Now read the article again and find the answers. - Peer check - FB - SS come to the WB and write the answers - Elicit form - Check understanding - Show weak form and pronunciation. Drill.
Fill in the gaps with in, on or at. - HO - Peer check FB - Give one question's asnwer key to each student and have them read it out loud.
- Draw a line on the WB (See WB Plan) 100% always--------never 0% .Flashcards 'often, sometimes, usually and not often' WG come to the WB and put the flashcards on the cline. - Monitor
- Show meaning with CCQs: I always read a book in the evening. Is it every day? (yes) I sometimes read a book in the evening. Is it every day? (no) Do I read a lot?(no) I never drink orange juice. Do I like orange juice?(no) Do I drink orange juice?(no) Does it happen now or in the future? Does it happen one time or many times?
Fill in the gaps with always, never, often, sometimes or usually. - HO p.36, ex. 4a - Monitor - Peer check - FB - OHT to WB
- Use sentences from previous task (p.36, ex.4a) to show the order of frequency adverbs within a sentence Is this word a verb or a noun? Is 'usually' before or after this verb? And what kind of word is 'am'? Which verb is that?
Write the sentences using never, often, usually, always. - Demo the example - HO - Monitor - Peer check - FB - Elicit answers from WG
Fill in the gaps. - Monitor - Peer check - Demo the speaking activity with a student. - Monitor - Error correction