Copy of TP8
To provide clarification and practice of adjectives in the context of character adjectives.
To provide specific information listening practice using a text about adjectives in the context of character adjectives to match the adjectives with the meaning.
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in describing themselves using character adjectives.
To provide reading for specific information using a text about character adjectives.
Procedure (30 minutes)
- Teacher puts two pictures on the board ( Will Smith & Rafael Nadal ). - Teacher says; " Look at these pictures,What do think of them? Is he active/ lazy or funny?" - Teacher says; " Match the word to the picture". -Ss match. - Teacher says; " So, these words ( active,lazy ,funny) are called character adjectives - to describe how people are like " from inside or how they behave".
- Teacher gives the Ss a small passage to read and underline the character adjectives, - Teacher uses ICQs.( chesting, read and underline the character adjectives). - " Hello, I'm Julia. I'll tell you about my classmates' character; Emma has no friends; she's shy.Sally gives us everything we need; she is generous. Mary never says" I can't", she is confident. Bill doesn't laugh all the time. He never does bad things; he is serious and sensible but Bob always says; no body is as important as me; he is selfish". -Ss read the passage and underline the character adjectives.
- Teacher introduces words :confident, generous, selfish, sensible, serious, shy; in a matching exercise on the board. - T says; "match the word with the picture". -Ss match on the board. -Teacher gets feedback.
- Teacher clarifies the meaning and form of the new vocab through simple questions,( meaning, form and CCQs are written in the language analysis paper). - Teacher elicits the answers to make sure they understood. - Teacher drills the vocab. - Teacher asks the Ss " where is the strongest part? / where is the stressed syllables?" - Ss put the stress on the word. - Teacher gets feedback.
- T.says; " Match the adjectives with the meanings", ex 1 p.g 91. - check in pairs. - Teacher monitors . -T. says; "Listen to the audio and check your answer". - Teacher gets feedback. - Teacher asks Ss: " Which adjective always has a negative meaning?". -Get feedback.
- T. says, " Choose three adjectives best describe you?" ( from exercise 1). - T. puts the Ss in pairs to compare their adjectives. - T. encourages them to talk about their choices.
-T says: "Think of a famous person or someone you know, and describe him/her using the character adjectives."
- T says; Now lets play a game, " who can say a name and an adjective begin with the same letter?" for example; Ali is active. Hanna is happy.etc...