Teaching Practice 8
To provide clarification and practice of money related words in the context of money
To provide specific information listening practice using a text about girls and boys in the context of money
Procedure (40-53 minutes)
- Elicit the word "money" by playing hangman - Project the words on the board, give them 3 minutes to guess their meanings - Pair Check
- Tell the students that they are going to listen to a song about money - Students will focus on the phrases and try to fill in the blanks in the song with them. - Play the song again if necessary - Give the students the meanings of the phrases and ask them to match the phrases with their meanings. - Put them in pairs and ask them to check their answers with their partners - Give them the answer key
- T folds the words so Ss can't see them. - Give the students HO and tell them to try to guess the words. - peer check. - tell Ss to unfold the words and check their answers in pairs. - WC feedback.
- Provide Ss with the HO and tell them to answer it. - Peer check then WC feedback.
- Tell Ss that they are going to interview each other about questions related to money. - Put Ss in pairs and give out the sheets. Make sure that they can't see each other's questions. Give them a few moments to read their questions. - Tell Ss to start asking and answering each other. - Get some feedback from individual pairs.
- Take notes of the mistakes students make during monitoring the activities and correct them with the students