Reading/ likes and dislikes
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about likes and dislikes in the context of siblings and twins
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of likes and dislikes/ siblings and twins
Procedure (25-40 minutes)
1. Ask the students to look at the pictures and talk about the sentences whether they are true or false 2. Ask them to talk about themselves and their siblings whether they have any similarities or differences. 3. Set a time limit 4. Ask some CCQs Look at these sentences. Which sentence is true? Which one is false? Talk to your partner about yourself and your siblings? Do you like the same things or different things? Give an example. You have 3 minutes. Do you work with a partner or alone? partner How much time do you have? Three minutes Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1. Give the students the pictures. 2. Ask them to write each word under the pictures. 3. Set a time limit 4. Ask them to write them on the board. 5. Mark the part of speech on the board. 6. ِDo some drills. 7. Ask some CCQs Look at these pictures. Write the correct words under the pictures. You can check it with a partner. You have 3 minutes. Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1. Ask the students to read the text alone and find two things Adam and Hugo both like. 2. Set a time limit 3. Ask them to check their answers with a partner. Read the text about Adam and Hugo alone and quickly. Find two things they both like. You can check your answers with a partner. You have 5 minutes to do this part. Do you read the text with a partner? no Do you read it quickly or slowly? quickly How many things do you need to find about them? 2 4. Get WCFB Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1. Ask the students to read the text slowly and for more details. 2. Ask them to complete the task with Adam or Hugo's names. 3. Set a time limit. 4. Ask them to check their answers with a new partner. 5. Get WCFB/ ask them to write the answers on the board. Look at the second part. Complete this handout with Adam or Hugo You have 6 minutes to do that. Check your answers with a new partner. Do you read the text alone? yes Do you read it slowly? yes How do you complete the sentences? with names. Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1. Give each student a Star. 2. Ask them to complete the star with the things they like or dislike. 3. Ask them to work in a group and describe themselves to their group mates. 4. Set a time limit 5. Ask them to give a report about their partners to the class. 6. Get a WCFB 7. Do some corrections if needed. Look at this star. You have some topics. Complete the topics with the things you like or dislike. Talk about your star with your partners. Report to the class. You have 5 minutes. Do you work in a group? yes Do you give a report about yourself? no Monitoring will be done throughout the session.