There is/ There are Question and Negative forms
To provide clarification and practice of There is /there are in negative and question forms in the context of Town and places
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a conversation by asking and answering questions in the context of town and places
Procedure (33-40 minutes)
1. Ask the students to stand up and look at the pictures around the class and make some sentences about Town and places . Please stand up. Look at the pictures around the class and make some sentences with a partner. 2. Set a time limit. You have 3 minutes to do that. 3. ICQs Do you make sentences alone or with a partner?with a partner How much time do you have? Three minutes 4. Get quick WCFB Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1. Write some of the sentences on the board. 2. Ask students if they know what form of questions they are and what word is used in every question or If there is any difference between negative and positive sentences. Do you know what these questions are? What do you use in positive sentences and negative ones? 3. Elicit some answers. 4. Ask them to complete the chart with the questions. Set a time limit of 4 minutes 5. Ask them to check with a partner. 6. Show the answers on the board.
1. Explain or elicit how these is and there are questions are made. We use a/an in singular sentences and some/any in plural sentences. we form them by there is+a/an+noun/ there+is+not+a/an+noun/ Is+there+a/an+noun? There+are+some+plural nouns/ there+are+not+any+plural nouns/ Are+there+any+plural nouns? Do you use "some" or "any" in negative sentences? any Do you use "some" in questions? no When do we use "there is"? with singular nouns 2. Tell the students to complete the sentences and questions in the handouts. Check your answers with your group. You have 3 minutes. 3. Elicit some answers 4. Drill and model some other examples. 5. Ask them to mark the link in the sentences. Listen to the audio and drill 6. Get feedback
1. Give each Student a handout They need to make some sentences according to the example in negative and positive forms. Ask them to check it with a partner. Get WCFB 2. Give each Student another handout Student A and B first complete the task alone. Then they start asking each other the questions and answering the questions according to the answers which are given. 3.Get WCFB/ make some notes of their mistakes. 4.Set a time limit for the first task. They have to do it in 3 minutes. 5. Talk with a partner and practice the questions and answers. 6.Get WCFB 7.Ask volunteers to answer and some other students, as well. Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1. Write some mistakes on the board. 2. Ask the students to correct the mistakes. 3. If any clarification is needed, elicit some answers.