To provide clarification and practice of Present simple questions in the context of daily activities and daily routines
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of daily activities and daily routines
Procedure (30-43 minutes)
1. Ask the students to stand up and look at the pictures around the class and make some sentences about daily routines. Please stand up. Look at the pictures around the class and make some sentences with a partner. 2. Set a time limit. You have 3 minutes to do that. 3. ICQs Do you make sentences alone or with a partner?with a partner How much time do you have? Three minutes 4. Get quick WCFB Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1, Ask the students to read the text about Nadine quickly and alone. Ask them to underline wh questions with do/does Read the text quickly. Read it alone. Underline wh questions with do/does 2. Set a time limit. You have 4 minutes. 3. ICQs Do you underline every wh Q? no Do you work with a partner? no 4. Ask them to check it quickly in pairs. 5.Get FB and write some questions on the board. Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1. Write some of the questions on the board. 2. Ask students if they know what form of questions they are. Do you know what these questions are? 3. Elicit some answers. 4. Ask them to complete the chart with the questions. Set a time limit of 4 minutes 5. Ask them to check with a partner. 6. Show the answers on the board.
1. Explain or elicit how simple present questions are made. We use simple present questions to ask about daily routines. we form it by wh+ do/does+ subject+ simple verb+....? Do you use a verb with "s"? no When do we use "does"? with she/ he/ it Does it mean you do the activity every day? yes 2. Tell the students to complete the sentences and questions in the handouts. Check your answers with your group. You have 3 minutes. 3. Elicit some answers 4. Drill and model some other examples. 5. Ask them to mark the stress on the questions. which words are stressed in these questions? Wh/ nouns/ verbs Is "does" stressed? no Listen to the audio and drill 6. Get feedback
1. Give each Student a handout Student A and B first complete the task alone. Then they start asking each other the questions and answering the questions according to the pictures. 2. Get a WCFB/ make some notes of their mistakes. 3. Set a time limit for the first task. They have to do it in 3 minutes. 4. Talk with a partner and practice the questions and answers. 5. Get a WCFB 6. Students will ask each other the questions and then report it to the class about their partners. 7. Ask volunteers to answer and some other students, as well. Monitoring will be done throughout the session.
1. Write some mistakes on the board. 2. Ask the students to correct the mistakes. 3. If any clarification is needed, elicit some answers.