To provide detailed reading practice using a text about True Story Competition in the context of How you met your partner
To provide detailed listening practice using a text about opinions in the context of Fate
To provide clarification of no chance and no way in the context of How you met your partner
Procedure (35-49 minutes)
- T writes on the board "fate or chance" and asks them to discuss it in pairs. - T tells Ss that they are going to listen to two opinions and underline the correct form. - WC feedback.
- T shows Ss "Do you think things happen for a reason?". - T tells Ss to discuss them in pairs. - WC feedback
- T asks Ss to read the introduction, then asks them "what is the competition about?". - Jigsaw reading: T divides Ss into As and Bs and tells them that they are going to read the stories and answer the questions. - T asks Ss to prepare to tell the story to a partner by answering the questions (T hands the questions). - T asks Ss to start telling the story to their partner A to B / B to A. - T asks Ss "What do you think of the stories?" Are there any similarities between them?".
- T asks Ss to underline " no ..........." no and few words come after it. - WC feedback.
- T asks Ss to do the matching Ex. so they convey meaning. - T asks Ss to check in pairs. - WC feedback - T does drilling if necessary.
- T asks Ss to choose two topics and talk about them and try to use the expressions they learned. T demonstrates by saying "There's no chance that Marcel Ilhan will win the match tomorrow". - T walks around and help. - If time - T asks Ss to give sentences about the topics and other Ss can respond.
- T tells Ss that they are going to tell their partner about how they met the current or their ex-partner. - T asks Ss to prepare then asks them to starts. - T monitors and helps when necessary.