Final Tefl- Part (1)- Q1
Adult Beginners level
Grammar: To provide clarification, review and practice of the present simple in the daily routines
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about daily routines
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
- T plays youtube video about daily routines - T asks Ss gist/Wh questions about the video: - What is the video about ? - What do we normally do in our daily routine? - How often do we do these routines?
- T asks Ss gist question about the text: - The other best title to describe this text would be: a) Emma's summer routine b) Emma's Daily habits c) Emma's time table at school - Expose Ss to the vocabulary hindering their understanding of the text. ( in both Arabic and English) " based Grammar translation method " - let Ss read the text about Emma's daily routines - Give the Ss the question for details handout.
Ask Ss questions for CCQ's/ elicit from Ss the positive and negative forms, function and keywords. Positive forms: we ride the bicycle every day he rides the bicycle every day Negative forms: We don't ride the bicycle every day He doesn't ride the bicycle every day Take out the marker sentence on the board
- Ask Ss to elicit the rule from the marker sentence ex: I usually wear casual clothes. - Write down the form on board: First person affirmative form of present simple: Use (I) with the verb without adding (S) Keyword: Usually Action-verb: Wear - Drill the marker sentence backwards.
- Give Ss the Handout and ask them to complete exercises 1 and 5 - Monitor the Ss performance and take down notes - Give feedback if necessary
- In pairs, Ss will complete a dialogue between A and B - Remind Ss they have to finish the exercise within 10 mins - Give Ss the hand out and answer the first blank as a model for the Ss - Monitor student progress , pairs exchange answers for peer corrction T gives the whole class feedback
- In 3 large groups. ask Ss to write a paragraph about their daily routine also the likes and dislikes of those routines. - Give Ss ICQ's about the exercise - Write down the instructions on the board, remind Ss of the time - Ask each group to present to the other in front of the class T writes down the mistakes, then whole class feedback