be going to
To provide clarification and practice of be going to in the context of couchsuring and other countries
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of travel and other countries
Procedure (34-50 minutes)
- Make projector ready. - Project and show them the picture of Couchsurfing website and ask them if they know it or not. - If not, explain what that is by eliciting the meaning of couch and surfing.
- Tell them that a journalist is going to try it, listen and write about his plans. - Give them the hand out "a". - Tell them they are going to listen just for once and then play the recording. - Pair check and get WC feedback.
- Hand out the exercise "b" and give them some time to look at it. - Tell them to listen and fill in the gaps with a verb. - Play the audio. (If necessary, twice) - Pair check. - Get people on the WB at the same time to write their answers. - Check on the whiteboard. - Give them the answer key.
- Hand out the guided discovery sheet and ask them to do it in pairs. Give them 3 or 4 minutes. - Ask them to check the answers in groups. - Project the paper and get whole class feedback. - Apply back chain drilling. (During the drilling, do not drill "gonna" but mention that they might hear it.) - Give them the completed version of the guided discovery sheet.
- Regroup them by giving them names "Host" and "Guest". - Give the exercise "A" and ask them to work in pairs. - When finished, make them check their answers in groups. - Project the paper and get them and write their answers. - WB Check and elicit if there are wrong ones. - Give them the answer key. - Hand out the question paper and ask them to ask the questions to each other. - On the spot error correction will be done as it is an accuracy task.