To provide detailed reading practice using a text about what I ate yesterday in the context of meals
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of food preference
To provide clarification of food in the context of what I ate yesterday
Procedure (39-50 minutes)
- Make projector ready. - Project the pictures of the meals. - Elicit the words "Breakfast, lunch and dinner." - Ask them "What food words do you know in English?" - Give them 1 minute to think as a pair. - Get whole class feedback.
- Give them the matching game and ask them to work in pairs. It takes 3 minutes. - Project the pictures and names and ask students to come and match on the whiteboard. - Check and correct if necessary.
- Show them the three pictures of meals. - Ask students to guess who ate what. Get some feedback. - Ask student to read very fast to find who ate which one individually. Give them 3 or 4 minutes to find spesific information. - Give them the reading. - Ask them to discuss their answers with their partner. - Get whole class feedback.
- Give them exercise 2c. - Make them read again in details and do the exercise 2c individually. - Make them check their answers in pairs. - Get some students on WB and write their answers. - Make them justify.
- Regroup them by giving them names "Tomato, Potato" - Ask them to talk about whose food do they prefer and why? - Mingle them and do the same with other people. - On the spot correction will be applied.