Eda ASLAN / 20.03.2014/ TP2 - Reading and Speaking
Elementary - A2 level
To provide gist, scan and detailed reading practice by using a text about Babur Ali in the context of his daily life
To provide an opportunity for speaking practice based on their understanding of the text.
Procedure (31-45 minutes)
- Teacher shows some pictures of people doing different jobs and asks questions about these jobs. then elicit the names of the jobs. -Teacher models the pronounciations of the jobs, and asks students to repeat the words both as chorally and individually. ( Drilling)
- Teacher gives the instructions, there are two groups of paper-cuts: jobs and their explanations -.Each student will get a paper-cut and mingle in the class to find his/her partner( the explanation of his/her word). -T sets the time limit. - While Ss are searching for their pairs, T monitors. Ss who find his/her partner will sit down. -O/C F/B
-Teacher asks students to look at the pictures of the text and gets them to read the sentences about Babur Ali and underline what they think is true. (Page:18 Exercise :1 ) - Students compare the answers with their partners and teacher monitors.
- Teacher divides the class into two groups. - Students read the first paragraph of the text about Babur Ali. ( page 19) - The students of the first group answer the first 4 questions and the students of second group answer the last 4 questions of exercise 2 (page18). - Students work in pairs with the students of other group. They ask/answer the questions with their partners. - Teacher monitors and gives feedback.
- Teacher draws her timetable chart and makes example on board. - Teacher divides the class in groups of two and gives them the timetable chart for Babur Ali's day. - Students read the second part of the text about Babur Ali and complete with times what he does. ( Page ) - Teacher does an example with whole class, then get them to ask/answer questions about Babur Ali's daily life with their partners. - Teacher monitors and gives feedback.
- Teacher sticks 4 statements on board (Exercise 4, page 18) and corrects the first statement as an example. - Teacher asks students to work in pairs and correct the wrong sentences. - Teacher monitors and gives feedback by asking questions.
- Teacher models an example question for task 5 (page:18) - Teacher divides the class into two groups:Journalists and Babur's students - The students, who are in the group of journalists, prepare 2 questions based on prompts in example 5. While they are preparing the questions, the students, who are in the group of Babur's Students skim the text for the possible questions. - Journalists make a cross pair interview with the Babur's students. - Teacher monitors and gives feedback.