To provide specific information and detailed listening practice using a text about Body advertisement in the context of People's reactions to adverts and adopting body advertisement as a source of income.
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in presenting adverts in the context of body advertisement
Procedure (31-45 minutes)
- Show pictures of "advertisements" on the whiteboard - Elicit the word from the students. - Show pictures of "body advertisements" on the whiteboard - Elicit the difference between the pictures, the word and its meaning from the students.
- Students predict the topic of the listening. - Divide students into groups of 4 students each. - Give students handouts containing a few questions about body advertisement. - Students discuss the questions with their groups and write down notes and ideas.
- Give students questions about the text. - Students read the questions. - Students listen to the recording to answer the first 3 questions. - Students peer-check. - Students listen to the rest of the recording to answer the last 3 questions. - Students peer-check again.
- Give students an exercise in which they need to detail the information in the listening. - Students listen to the recording again. - Students peer-check. - Give students answer keys for both exercises.
- Divide students to groups 4 people each. - Give students topics for advertisements, and supporting expressions. - Students discuss the topics with their group and plan for an advertisement. - Students present their advert in front of their classmates.