Grammae: First Conditional + Might
To provide clarification and practice of first conditional real possibilities in the context of future plan in an inductive mannar.
To provide fluency practice, gist listening, listening for details in the context of future plan.
Procedure (20-32 minutes)
- The weather forecast - "What are you doing this weekend?" --> "What will you do if it rains?" ... - "What will happen if we can control the weather?" ... - "What will you do if your kid get sick?" --> "What if you have work to do?" --> "Is it possible to ask your husband to take care of her/him sometimes?" - " Tomorrow's your best friend's birthday. What'll you do?" --> "What will you buy?" ....
- Listening and note taking - "What is she doing for this weekend?" --> "Is she do it in any case, or is it conditional?" - "Where's she going?" --> "Is she sure?" - "We'll go for a picnic/ we might go to park, what's the difference?"
- To practice the same conversation with other options - Listen and check
- "What are you doing for this Nowrouz?" - "Where are/aren't you going?" --> if it is sunny/rainy/windy ... or if it is crowded - "Are you driving/getting a flight/taking a train?" why?
- Eliciting some words: pick up & wait by the door - Learners will discover the form here.
- To elicit the form
"What are you going to do after the military service?" "Raising a kid is a demanding difficult task? Isn't it? "What are you going to do after her school?"
- Listening and note taking - Figuring out who's certain about the future and who's not based on the grammar
- Learners will get more chance to use first conditional
- Socket example - Exercise example