Providing gist, detailed, and inference listening practice in the context of neighbors characteristics.
Providing vocabulary and fluency practice in the context of neighbors characteristics.
Procedure (24-43 minutes)
- Ask and answer about their neighbors (a book activity- No. 1) - A relevant mini discussion using the first handout - A book activity (No. 2)
- By using a sketch, miming, and some pictures, learners will learn some blocking words.
- Having read questions in the book (controlled practice- No. 3)., the SS will listen to the first monologue without a pause. Then, they will answer the questions. If they haven't gotten considerable main information, the audio track will be replayed. - The same procedure will take place for the second monologue .
- Working on the book activity- No. 5.
- Handout (scripts with blanks)
- To complete the last activity in the book (Role play)