To provide practice, clarification and review of articles and determiners in the context of grocery shopping
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of experience
Procedure (32-46 minutes)
- Refer to the previous reading and ask if they like shopping or not. - Give them the hand-out with three questions and discuss the questions in two minutes. - Get one or two feedback.
- Before handing the exercise one, ask them to work in pairs. - Hand them the exercise one. Monitor for their mistakes silently. - When done, make them check in their groups. - Project exercise one and get students to come to the whiteboard and mark the answers. (Note the answers down.) - Give them the answer key but don't explain why.
- Give the students cut-ups of `zero article`, `the`, `a/an`, `some` and `any with the cut-ups of their usages. - Make them categorize the usages under the correct title in groups. - After finished, get students one by one to stick their answers on the whiteboard. - Correct immediately if necessary. (-If there is time, give one student the examples' cut-up and let them read the example out loud and choose another student to stick it on the whiteboard under the correct use.) - Give them the grammar box.
- Ask students to go back to the first exercise and check their mistakes. - Ask if they have any questions? (Explain if they have) - Give them the exercise two and ask them to correct the mistakes in groups of three people. - Get two different people to make a role play. - Give them the answer key.
- Project the photocopiable page and demo the first one by yourself. - Handout the paper and ask them to work in pairs. - Get whole class feedback.