• To provide detailed reading practice using a text about influencing others to go green in the context of influencers
• To provide fluency speaking practice in a converstaion in the context of influencing others with a hypothetical situation.
Procedure (33-49 minutes)
- Have projector ready to project. - Greet students and ask if they had a good weekend and if they read any news paper article. - Project the picture of four people and ask "Do you know them?" - Get the answer "No". - Show the article outline and tell them that they were on the news because they are very important people.
- Tell them that they are going to read the article but before that they need to make a vocabulary matching game in pairs. - Make them pairs and hand out vocabulary matching game. - Make them check their answers in their groups. - Whole class check: Use PPT and elicit the answer. - Drill the words after each slide. - Hand out the answer key.
- Show them the headline of the article. - Make them guess what the article is about in a group of three people considering the headline and the vocabulary that they have learnt. - Ask them to read for gist and hand out the article. Give them three minutes and then, ask them if their guess was correct.
- Ask them to read in detail and select true or false in the hand-outs individually. - Give them the hand-outs. - Make them check with their partners. - Give the answer key as HO
-Make them groups of 3 people and ask them to discuss the questions in the hand-outs. -Give them the hand-outs.
- Write the mistakes on the W/B. -Make the students correct the sentences in groups and correct it on WB.