Teaching Practice 8
Pre-intermediate, A2 level
Main aim: Grammar. The focus of this lesson is the indecisiveness and probability mode expressed with the verb might.
Sub aim: reading and writing. The mode of might is exposed to the students through reading and some writing exercises.
Procedure (40-45 minutes)
- Present the images on the slide that represent certainty and possibility. Elicit the words from the students.
- Ask the students to read the text and decide the answer to the gist question. - Ask the students to answer the questions in task 2 about the conversation. ICQs: which questions are we working on? 1 and 2. Do we work on question 3 or 4? No.
- Ask the students to complete the conversation with the sentences in task 3. - Ask the students to answer the questions in task 4.
- Ask the students about the might actions in the conversation, whether they refer to about past, present or future (e.g. when Tina says you might meet someone, is she talking about past, present or future).
- Ask the students to read the second text and decide which possibilities belong to the past, present and future. [controlled practice] Ask the students to check their answers together. - Ask the students to write a paragraph using the information guideline provided. [semi-controlled practice] Ask the students to check their answers together. - If there is extra time left do the task 3. [Free practice] Ask the students to check their work together. While the students are checking their answers ask for feedback to see if there are any errors.