Sajedeh Farajzadeh Jalali, Listening and speaking
beginners , A1 level
To provide gist and detailed listening practice using a text about people in a party in the context of different jobs and their current activity
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a interview in the context of jobs and current activity in an imaginary party
Procedure (30-42 minutes)
- show them the images - group them - ask them to match the images with the jobs, and then stick them on the wall. the groups that finishes first is the winner. - monitor - feedback on board, drill and elicit the words.
- show them the picture of listening - ask them to make some guesses about the people ( who are they? what are they doing? what are their jobs?) - monitor - WC feedback
- show them the handout - ask them to listen and write the names of people - distribute the hand-outs - play the audio once - check their answers in groups - monitor - feedback on board
- show them the hand-out and the box - instructions for the box of detailed listening + ICQs - play the audio - monitor ( if they couldn't answer, play it again) - check their answers in groups - feedback on board.
- write to examples on board - elicit the meaning and form - highlight the verbs and meanings - show them the handout and ask them to do the gap filling exercise with the grammar of TL - distribute the handouts - monitor - check their answers in groups - feedback on board
- divide the class in 2 parts - half of them will be someone with a card given to them, the other half will be someone with questions - they mingle around and ask each other questions - WC feedback